Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Welcome to Alaska!?

I got in late last night, after the plane sat for about 30 minutes halfway down the taxiway; still no clue as to why! I was taking a little nap about 2:30 still missing a couple of hours of sleep when my bed began to rock a bit. Yep, it was one of those notorious Alaska shakers. Not a big or bad one but as much as some I felt in the upper Sacramento Valley back 1970-83. My host said it
was my welcome to Alaska greeting.

It was mostly cloudy all the way from El Paso to Phoenix to Anchorage. I saw very little but was inspired with some phrases that will become a poem in time.  Chasing the sunset as it becomes the sunrise. Anchored by the crescent moon in the west. Mountains never free if snow gash through wooly clouds so close below, too close beneath this fierce fragile silver bird carrying me to advenutres yet unknown.
I forgot to set up the easy access to the dashboard here on this system and wrested with it all morning and finally got in. Stupid, bad me. Taking too much for granted! I will do better next time! More tomorrow; no pix yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any post. All will be moderated so as to prevent spam and any flaming or inappropriate comments but friends and visitors are welcome to have their say! I value your input very much.