Monday, June 22, 2015

Leaving on a Jet Plane

In 24 hours I will be in the air between Phoenix and Anchorage. I have no idea what kind of internet my host has but I'll find a way to make at last a post or two to the blog here and hope to have some photos to share also. I'm all packed and ready to head off tomorrow. And I am very  much looking forward to the first of what I intend to be many returns to the wonderful north 49th!!

If luck holds I will be able to see Deedee Jonrowe sometime on this trip and give her a pink t-shirt from the Four Corners monument just to say my love and sympathy on her troubles and losses. She is exactly the kind of person I want to feature in this book because she is a real true hero!! Her dogs are still at Buser's kennel last I heard.

Lisbet Norris and Becca Moore, two other young ladies who compete, did not get burned out and I am so thankful for that. However about twelve others were and the Willow Mushers Assn had raised over $25,000 to help them as of last night but that is such a drop in the bucket when you realize what they have lost. And of course the treasured memories and irreplaceable things are gone and cannot be bought for any amount. My heart aches for them all. Maybe I can find some other ways to help. I will try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any post. All will be moderated so as to prevent spam and any flaming or inappropriate comments but friends and visitors are welcome to have their say! I value your input very much.