Saturday, April 23, 2016

Quick Update

I keep coming across new issues, ideas, problems and news relative to my favorite sport. Right now I am mulling over which of these I need or want to share and what to say about them. For that reason, I am not writing yet, here or anywhere else.

I suppose I am a bit disillusioned to find that many of today's prevalent ills and issues have made their way to the wilds of Alaska and the world of sled dog racing. This last bastion of wilderness and frontier spirit should not be so sullied but it does not exist in a vacuum and with our modern world where anything can be known anywhere in seconds, it was inevitable. All change is not progress, but once the worms are uncanned and things move past a point, there is no going back. It is what it is. More later.

Right now I thank God for Aliy and her ilk. A bright star in a sometimes dark sky. May guardian angels stay close to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any post. All will be moderated so as to prevent spam and any flaming or inappropriate comments but friends and visitors are welcome to have their say! I value your input very much.