Sunday, January 3, 2016

SPK mommy report

Quito and Olivia have both weaned their litters some weeks ago and are back in harness. It is not sure yet whether they will be able to run in the big races but they are working with yearlings and two year olds to help train them and are out doing what they love. This is really awesome and I am glad they are not going to be retired this year, anyway, barring unforeseen issues arising.

Allen and Aliy will be relying on other leaders for the YQ (Black Team) and Iditarod (Red Team) but Quito may get to run with the Black Team in the latter and help further to train the young dogs coming into their adult careers.  Next year the Coffee and the Golden Harness litters will be starting to train as the Surfivers are this season. I am so excited about these new members of the stellar SPK racing crew.

BTW, the new puppies are now up on the SPK Dog Fan Club page and I chose one from each litter to become a fan for just as I did Ginger last year. My two new girls are Creamer and QT. It feels good to have at least a very small stake in the future of these dogs and SPKs continuity.

Some unexpected events have come up and I think I will be freed up to spend quite a bit more time working on my Women Who Run With the Dogs book from home and perhaps also up north this year. In one way the change was sad but since it opens this new opportunity when closing another chapter, I am looking ahead with enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any post. All will be moderated so as to prevent spam and any flaming or inappropriate comments but friends and visitors are welcome to have their say! I value your input very much.