Thursday, February 5, 2015

Listen for the howls!

Excitement is ramping up as the YQ start is only a day and hours away now! Just waiting for that "Ready, hike!" command.

From the SP Kennel's page I know for sure that Aliy is running the YQ300 while Allen will be defending his championship in the big one. It starts first and then the 300 miler a few hours later.

It's cold but I can just feel the tension and urgency from White Horse as they racers get ready, the press, fans and camp followers gather and food and drink flow freely! I won't know which SP dogs are running in the Black (Allen's) and Red (Aliy's) teams until after the race is on probably, but I hope some of my favorite dogs will be among them. I met several this summer and some are real characters. Quito, of course, plus Chica, the SPK Ginger's and the four other pups mom and Olivia and Willie and Waylon and --well, just a bunch of awesome marvelous canines!

I can't share pictures from the YQ or the SPK site but you can go there and look. Here is one of me with Olivia, anyway! It was her birthday when I was there in August. She's a sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any post. All will be moderated so as to prevent spam and any flaming or inappropriate comments but friends and visitors are welcome to have their say! I value your input very much.