Sunday, August 24, 2014

A New Adventure Begins

This quest or challenge actually was born in March. I'm a bit late getting this blog established to record it. Gradually I will be moving prior posts from my old blog to give the whole story. The journey from Alamogordo, NM to Alaska is an amazing one for me. The cause and inspiration for this journey is a very special story and the book that I will create as a result will be very special too. Please join me here and follow along on a strange and almost mythical trip --from Alamogordo to Alaska.... A desert rat finds a new realm and spirit-home in the northland! No, I will probably not move permanently but I've been there now and I will definitely be going back!

You will find me using a lot of allusions and metaphors related to the sport of sled dog racing--which is Alaska's official state sport--because that is the theme or attraction which has drawn me to this project.  Here is a selfie from my recent trip--at the Iditarod Trail Committee Headquarters in Wasilla, which to me is almost sacred ground! That purple shirt went many places with me and has a dog track or two in its flannel surface now. And my New Mexico ball cap was soon replaced by an Iditarod one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any post. All will be moderated so as to prevent spam and any flaming or inappropriate comments but friends and visitors are welcome to have their say! I value your input very much.